Herbs are excellent cosmetics. They have anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, moisturizing and cleansing effects, they help to treat various skin defects.
Beneficial herbs for the skin
Depending on the skin type, certain herbs are used to make masks and teas. There are also universal plants, for example, chamomile.
For dry skin prone to allergies
Dehydrated and irritated skin needs intense hydration and active nutrition. The following types of plants are suitable for dry skin care:
- spring primrose;
For oily skin
Plants intended for the care of oily skin must have a disinfecting and cleansing effect. Such funds narrow the pores and normalize the sebum secretion process.
- St. John's wort;
Herbs with antiaging action
The main purpose of antiaging herbs is to rejuvenate the skin. For the preparation of cosmetics, the following plants can be used:
- Birch buds?
- St. John's wort;
- wild ponytail.
For deep cleaning
Plants that have a strong antibacterial, antimicrobial, cleansing and disinfecting effect will help keep the skin clean and treat skin rashes:
- lime color;
- birch leaf.
Against age spots
Plants will help you get rid of external defects and clean the skin:
- lemon juice?
- birch leaves;
Rules for using herbs at home
In order for plants to fully reveal their miraculous properties, it is necessary to observe the nuances of their use.
- Herbs can be bought at a pharmacy or collected independently (but only in ecologically clean areas). Fresh plants have a great effect.
- Consider whether the herb is suitable for a particular skin type.
- Prepared decoctions and masks are stored in the refrigerator for no more than a day (in some cases they must be used immediately).
- Before using masks and teas, it is important to do an allergy test. In the presence of rashes or allergic reactions, the plant cannot be used as a cosmetic product.
The need to cleanse the skin before any skin care
Cleansing the skin is an important and mandatory procedure before applying cosmetic masks and decoctions. Infected skin is unable to fully absorb the nutrients contained in herbal medicines.
To clean the skin, you can use special scrubs, gels or masks based on plants.
Recipes for homemade herbal face masks
Nature is generous to man. He gave a huge number of plants that help to care for the skin of the face, deal with dermatological problems and deal with defects such as early wrinkles, excessive dryness or, on the contrary, oily skin.
Each of the plants has a specific list of useful properties, so it is impossible to indicate which of them is the most effective. To choose the right tool, you need to focus on the range of its functions, as well as the characteristics of the skin.
Anti-wrinkle mask with aloe juice
The composition helps to remove signs of fatigue, promotes elasticity and elasticity of the cover. Course application (10 sessions per day) of the mask helps to solve the problem of fine wrinkles and flabbiness of the facial skin.
Mix 15 ml of freshly squeezed aloe juice, 5 drops of pharmacy glycerin, 5 ml of peach essential oil.
Apply a mask to a clean face, leave it for an hour, then wipe the face with a cotton pad soaked in clean cool water.
Acne and inflammation mask with wormwood
The plant has a strong antibacterial property, so a mask with wormwood easily treats the problem of acne and rashes. Regular use of the product reduces irritation, prevents the appearance of acne.
- Add 2 tablespoons of wormwood to 100 ml of boiling water. Insist broth, strain.
- Mix 35 ml of the prepared wormwood decoction with 5 drops of vitamin B5 and 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour.
- Apply a thick layer of the mask on a pre-steamed face, leave it for a quarter of an hour.
- Rinse the product in the usual way.
Mask for black spots and rashes
Many plants have a cleansing effect. After applying the masks, the skin of the face becomes clean, uniform.
- Beat in a mortar or grind in a blender 5 pieces of plantain leaves and coltsura. Addition to the composition Art. a spoonful of kefir
- Steam your face first. Then apply the mask in a thick layer.
- Keep from a quarter of an hour to half an hour. Rinse with plain water.
To prevent rashes, the mask is done once a week, as a treatment - 2 times more often.
Mask for age spots and freckles with dandelion
External dermatological defects become a serious problem for many women. Dandelion will help treat freckles and age spots. A herbal mask promotes rejuvenation and cleansing of the face, has a strong whitening and regenerating effect.
- Squeeze the juice from the stem and leaves of the dandelion (it should be 1 tablespoon). In the juice, add 1 teaspoon of rice starch and 1 tablespoon of yogurt without dyes and flavors.
- The resulting mask is applied to problem areas of the skin.
- The retention time of the product is 7 minutes.
- Rinse as usual.
Nourishing mask for dry skin with chamomile
Medicinal chamomile is endowed with a mass of useful properties. Nourishing mask based on plant raw materials has a regenerative and moisturizing effect. Protects dry skin from external irritations (especially during the off-season).
- Crush some chamomile flowers and a slice of lotus. Add 5 drops of peach essential oil.
- Apply the composition to the skin. Lasts 20 minutes. Rinse with cool boiled water.
Recipe for sensitive skin
Herbal herbs will help you deal with skin irritation and the effects of allergic rashes. Masks for sensitive skin effectively soothe the skin, make the skin even and radiant.
- Prepare a succession infusion (in boiling water, boil dry grass leaves, insist, stem). Take 3 tablespoons of cooked infusion, mixed with 1 tablespoon of white or blue clay, add 10 drops of pharmacy vitamin B2.
- Before applying the product, wipe the face with mineral water without gas. Then apply the prepared composition to the face. Action time - 20 minutes.
- Rinse with clean cool water.
Recipe for aging skin
Natural cosmetics effectively rejuvenate and revitalize damaged skin. The active agents saturate the skin with vitamins, activate collagen synthesis, help the skin to become healthy and elastic.
Boil dry sage with boiling water (fresh grass does not need such a process). Mash the plant in a plate, add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of cottage cheese and 1 chicken yolk.
spread the mask on the face. Hold for 20 minutes. Rinse with a damp sponge.
Recipe for oily skin
Oily skin care is all about cleansing and preventing breakouts. The plants have a drying and antibacterial effect, which helps to treat various dermatological problems.
- Prepare a decoction of horsetail (for 100 ml of water, take 1 tablespoon of the plant). Strain the broth, add the thyme powder and 15 drops of calendula essential oil.
- Apply a mask to your steamed face. Keep no more than 20 minutes. Rinse as usual.
Recipe for problem skin
Problematic skin is characterized by the appearance of acne and rashes of a different nature. Funds should be aimed at cleaning and disinfecting the skin.
- 2 tbsp. spoons of rowan juice mixed with 1 tbsp. c. spoon of white clay and 15 drops of avocado oil.
- Apply the mask to the surface of the face. Leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Rinse as usual.
Moisturizing mask with honey and herbs
Honey soothes and nourishes the skin. Combined with herbal herbs, this bee product has anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, nourishing and protective effects.
- Crush a sprig of rosemary and 5 grams of thyme in a mortar. Add 5 ml of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of liquid honey to the resulting mass.
- Apply a face mask. Lasts 20 minutes. Rinse with clean water.
Hypericum whitening mask
Hypericum has a whitening effect. The plant effectively treats age spots and freckles, helping the skin to be healthy and glowing.
- Cook thick porridge from 10 grams of semolina. Add 2 tbsp to the dish. tablespoons of St. John's wort and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the mask to the surface of the face, avoiding contact with the eyelids and nasolabial triangle. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face thoroughly with cool water.
Calming mint mask
Peppermint relieves the skin from rashes and inflammation, providing a powerful soothing and regenerative effect.
- Crush some mint leaves with 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese. Add 5 drops of cashew essential oil to the mass.
- The mask is spread over the face. Place a wet gauze pad over the mask. The waiting time for the drug to take effect is a quarter of an hour.
- Rinse as usual.
Hypericum will help relieve the skin of the face from the effects of a sleepless night or from traces of fatigue. The medicinal plant cleans the skin and fights the main dermatological problems.
- 1 st. spoon felantine decoction mixed with 1 tbsp. c. spoon of cornstarch, then add 8 drops of almond oil.
- Apply the product to clean skin, leave for 10 minutes, then rinse gently with water.
The scrub is enough to use twice a month. It is recommended to use gentle but effective skin cleansing products based on herbal medicines.
- Grind 10 grams of lentils, add 1 teaspoon of parsley juice and 5 grams of fresh herb.
- If the mask is dry, you can add a small amount of freshly brewed green tea.
- Apply the product to the face. Massage gently for 3-5 minutes, rinse with cool water. Then apply moisturizer to your face.
Mask with vegetable juices
Plant juice is effective against early and deep wrinkles. The plants have a rejuvenating effect, so regular use of the mask (2 times a week) will help your skin become radiant, young, fresh and beautiful.
- Mix equal amount (15 ml each) of yarrow juice, coltsfoot, parsley, plantain, basil. Add 1 tablespoon of thick bio-yogurt without dyes and flavors.
- Apply the mask to the skin (preferably at night), leave for 8-10 hours and then rinse with mineral water.
Decoctions for dry and normal skin
The main problem for people with dry skin is peeling. For the care of normal and dry skin, compositions with a moisturizing effect are used. In addition, dry and normal skin needs protection, disinfection, cleansing and anti-inflammatory prevention.
Peppermint is an amazing herb that helps take care of dry skin. To prepare a mint decoction, you can take a pharmacy herb or mint that you collect yourself.
If the grass is collected independently, then it is important to choose only those plants that grow far from roads, are not damaged by diseases and pests.
Useful properties of mint:
Mint decoction effectively moisturizes dry skin, helps to tone the skin and also eliminates various defects (rash, peeling, irritation). Peppermint is also used as a treatment to help treat early wrinkles.
- pour a glass of clean water into the pan, boil.
- add 2 tablespoons of dry (can be replaced with fresh) mint.
- bring the solution to a boil, then simmer over low heat for a few minutes.
- cover the pan with a lid, wrap with a towel, leave to infuse for 1-2 hours.
- strain the resulting broth.
Mint decoction is useful to wipe the face daily (you need to clean the skin first). In summer, mint decoction serves as a rejuvenating agent, in winter - softening and moisturizing.
To achieve a greater moisturizing effect, mint broth is recommended to be prepared with whole cow's milk (the cooking scheme is similar to the recipe described above). Mint decoction with milk is best used in winter. The product helps in extra hydration and protection of dry skin.
Chamomile helps to treat many dermatological problems. It is also actively used for the care of dry and normal skin.
Useful properties of the plant:
Chamomile can rightfully be called a natural healer. All the beneficial properties of chamomile have a decoction based on this plant material.
- pour a glass of boiling water into the container.
- add 2 tablespoons of dry (or fresh) chamomile herb.
- let stock simmer over low heat for 4 minutes.
- Then remove the container with the healing agent from the fire, wrap it and let it infuse for 1-2 hours.
- go through 4-5 layers of gauze.
For the care of dry and irritated skin, it is recommended to use chamomile oil. The medicine is prepared in the same way, but instead of water, you need to take olive oil.
Chamomile decoction is used to cleanse, disinfect and moisturize the skin daily. With a cotton swab dipped in warm broth, wipe the skin morning and night.
Chamomile oil is best used in the evenings: wet the gauze in the product, cover your face with it (after making holes for the eyes, nose and mouth) and keep it for 30 minutes.
Sea buckthorn broth
Sea buckthorn is a plant with a strong anti-aging effect. In addition, the plant has other beneficial properties for the skin:
- wound healing;
Sea buckthorn contains a huge amount of vitamins and minerals that help the skin to stay young, radiant and healthy.
- in a container with 500 ml of water, lower 3 tablespoons of sea buckthorn leaves;
- bring the composition to a boil, then reduce the heat to a minimum and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- remove the broth from the heat, wrap with a towel and let it infuse for 1 hour.
Sea buckthorn decoction is used as a lotion, mask or lotion liquid.
A decoction based on hop cones, straw leaves and lemon balm flowers will help you get an excellent moisturizing effect. The complex action of these herbs has a softening, moisturizing, disinfecting and regenerative effect.
The moisturizing decoction "charges" the skin cells with a complex of vitamins, so that it becomes shiny and healthy.
- boil 500 ml of clean water.
- add to the decoction 1 tbsp. c. a spoonful of all the plants listed.
- darken the product on low heat for 2 minutes.
- remove from heat and let infuse for 2 hours.
Moisturizing decoction is good to wipe the skin of the face twice a day - in the morning and in the evening.
Herbal teas for oily skin
Oily skin is often referred to as problem skin. It often forms inflammatory acne, black spots, comedies. Oily skin is characterized by excessive secretion of subcutaneous fat, which becomes a "bait" for pathogenic bacteria and microorganisms, which then become acne-causing agents.
Means for oily skin should have a normalizing property of sebum secretion. At the same time, they should have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, disinfecting and drying effects.
coltsfoot in broth
Coltsfoot is a wonderful herb for the main problems of oily skin. Coltsfoot has a drying, anti-inflammatory, cleansing and regulating sebum secretion process.
- boil a glass of water for 2 minutes.
- add 2 tablespoons of herbs to boiling water;
- bring the broth to a boil and remove to a warm place for infusion (for 1-2 hours).
A decoction of coltsfoot is used in the form of a lotion. They wipe the face 2-3 times a day.
Cleansing lotion with mint
Peppermint has disinfectant and cleansing properties. A mint decoction is used to cleanse the skin and eliminate acne and comedones.
- mix in a glass of boiling water 2 tbsp. Spoons of mint;
- boil the stock for 4 minutes.
- then add 1 tbsp. c. a spoonful of lemon juice, vodka and calendula infusion.
It is helpful to wipe the skin with a cleansing lotion twice a day. The composition effectively fights acne, inflammation and black spots.
Keep the prepared lotion in the refrigerator. Shelf life - no more than 36 hours.
Calendula has strong antibacterial properties. This plant effectively treats the main problems of oily facial skin - acne and inflammatory rashes.
A calendula decoction destroys the bacteria and pathogens that cause acne. Regular use of the product helps to normalize the sebum secretion process.
- in 500 ml of boiling water add 2 tablespoons of calendula;
- simmer the composition over low heat for 6 minutes.
- then - wrap and leave to infuse for 1 hour.
Use a calendula decoction twice a day. Systematic use of the product helps to eliminate oily shine.
Wormwood is a miracle cure for oily skin.
Preparation of decoction:
- 5 st. spoons of dry (or fresh) wormwood pour 500 ml of boiling water.
- simmer the composition on the fire for 5 minutes.
- then wrap with a towel and leave for 3 hours in a warm place.
A decoction of wormwood is used as a lotion after each wash.
Herbs for sensitive skin
Irritations and rashes often appear on the sensitive skin of the face. The skin needs protection, softness and hydration. Herbs should have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
For the care of sensitive skin, plants such as chamomile, cornflower, jasmine, parsley and rose are used. Masks based on aloe juice and honey are also effective.
Rose petal water helps to revitalize and restore dull and sensitive skin. This composition treats early wrinkles, helps to make the skin of the face tighter and more attractive.
- Pour into a thermos 2 tablespoons of rose leaves;
- pour the plant with a glass of boiling water.
- tightly close the thermos with a lid and leave it for a few hours.
Rose water is used as a lotion. Apply it twice a day.
Jasmine Decoction (False Orange)
Jasmine is another remedy for sensitive and irritated skin. The composition of the plant includes a large number of trace elements and vitamins. In a complex action, the useful substances have the following effect:
- in boiling water (250 ml) mix 2 tablespoons of herbs;
- simmer the mixture over low heat for 5 minutes.
- then insist in a warm place for another 2 hours.
A decoction of jasmine is used to wipe facial skin cleansed of external impurities in the evenings.
Medicinal herbs have long been considered as miracle cures that have helped to care for the skin of the face and treat any dermatological problems. The composition of the plants contains therapeutic ingredients that have a rejuvenating, moisturizing and regenerative effect.
To achieve the expected result, the daily use of preparations of plant origin is recommended. After a week of regular use, you can notice the results - the skin of the face will become young, beautiful and healthy.